The Community Revitalization Guide
Think of the Community Revitalization Desktop Guide as the ultimate “how-to” book for community revitalization. It explains to mayors, city council members and other local officials how to use the Department’s programs to renovate and fill vacant commercial, industrial and residential sites with exciting new developments that will help draw people, jobs and investment.
Based upon city and town revitalization efforts over the past 30 years, the guide includes:
- A three-step process for attracting private investment within a redevelopment area to spur new economic growth.
- Case studies about cities and towns that have attracted their first high impact private investment in decades.
- Interviews with private developers about choosing an urban site for investment.
- Interviews with Pennsylvania mayors who prepared their cities to welcome new investment.
How to Get the Guide
- View the Community Revitalization Desktop Guide eBook
- Download or print the Community Revitalization Desktop Guide (.pdf)
- Order a printed copy from an authorized private vendor at the price indicated.
If you have questions about this guide or would like to arrange for related training in your metropolitan area, please contact the Community Action Team or call 866-GO-NEWPA.