Governor’s Award for Local Government Excellence
Each year, this award recognizes local governments and individuals that have found creative ways to improve their communities.
The Governor's Award for Local Government Excellence is a celebration of successful local government initiatives in many areas. In total, eight local government leaders and eight communities across the state received awards that were presented at the 18th Annual award ceremony on Tuesday, April 15, 2014 at the state Capitol in Harrisburg.
Submit Your Project for Consideration
The deadline to submit the application is
December 5, 2014.
- Read the press release.
- Photos of the Local Government Excellence winners.
- Photos of the Outstanding Service winners.
The Governor's Center for Local Government Services in partnership with the below organizations, sponsors the Excellence in Local Government Awards Program to honor local governments and officials who serve their communities and improve their quality of life.
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Supervisors
- Pennsylvania State Association of Boroughs
- Pennsylvania Association of Councils of Governments
- PA Chapter of American Planning Association
- Pennsylvania State Association of Township Commissioners
- Pennsylvania Municipal Authorities Association
- Pennsylvania Municipal League
- County Commissioners Association of Pennsylvania