2003 Economic Stimulus Plan
Pennsylvania is a leader in economic development. Our Economic Stimulus Package has been deemed “the most comprehensive and flexible package of financing programs in the country” according to Stadtmauer Bailkin Biggins (SBB), LLC. Just a few years since its enactment, Pennsylvania’s businesses are thriving.
The bold programming encompassing the Economic Stimulus Package is aimed at creating jobs, bolstering business growth, and revitalizing our communities. The Stimulus Package puts powerful tools at the disposal of our most creative and dynamic people, offering them a unique chance to generate new capital through public and private investments, create more jobs, and improve infrastructure and housing.
Our economic development package includes:
- Over $2.8 billion dollars in loans, grants, and guarantees
- Programs to leverage funds generating at least $5 billion in private investment in economic and community development projects
- Investments in rural, urban, and suburban sites
- New capital resources for small cities and communities
- Tools to make Pennsylvania a leader in real estate and business development
- Incentives and services to attract high-growth firms
- Resources that allow our traditional industries, especially manufacturing, to access new technology to enhance their productivity