The Center for e-Business and Advanced Information Technology (eBizITPA) was created in July 2002 by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority as an initiative for the purpose of accelerating economic development in Northwest Pennsylvania (NWPA) and throughout the Commonwealth.
The initiative is a collaboration of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, GE Transportation Systems (now GE Rail), the Economic Development Corporation of Erie County (EDCEC), and Penn State Erie.
eBizITPA assists companies of every size, specifically in education and training programs in e-business and advanced information technology. eBizITPA also provides:
- Access to online supply-chain management solutions
- e-business expertise to improve business competitiveness
- On-going programs to attract and establish viable businesses and retain businesses and the workforce talent.
eBizITPA’s IT Kickstart program is a competitive grant program created by eBizITPA, in partnership with Northwestern PA Industrial Resource Center, a private, non-profit economic development corporation. The program encourages small and medium-sized companies in thirteen counties of Northwestern Pennsylvania to implement information technology projects into their business. The program will enable your business to:
- Increase competitiveness and profitability by gaining access to a broader range of buyers and suppliers.
- Increase the use of e-Business and information technology in order to improve your company’s growth and productivity.
- Improve relationships with customers and suppliers while strengthening your customer’s service process.
eBizITPA is a Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, DCED funded initiative.